... Wind Advisory remains in effect until noon EDT Saturday...
* locations... along the Blue Ridge mountains from northwest
North Carolina through southwest Virginia.
* Hazards... strong... gusty northwest winds
* winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts of 40 to 50
mph... mainly at the highest elevations.
* Timing... tonight into Saturday morning.
* Impacts... isolated downed trees and power outages are possible.
Drivers of high profile vehicles should use caution when
traveling through the region tonight... including on I-81 and I-
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Smyth Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:51 PM EDT Oct. 21, 2016 – National Weather Service