... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a Winter
Storm Watch, which is in effect from Wednesday morning through
* Impacts... moderate to heavy snowfall will accumulate on roadways
and may reduce visibility, making travel difficult. Mountain
passes may become extremely difficult to travel.
* Timing... snow will increase in intensity late Wednesday morning
and continue through Thursday afternoon.
* Snow accumulations... 10 to 12 inches above 8000 ft. 5 to 8
inches elsewhere throughout the affected area.
* Confidence... moderate confidence on timing and snowfall amounts.
* Locations... Burley, Rupert, Heyburn, Stanley, Clayton, Malad
City, Oakley, Rockland, Hailey, Ketchum, and Bellevue.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Magic Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 3:31 AM MST Jan. 17, 2017 – National Weather Service
- Cream Can Junction
- Raft River
- Smith Springs