...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 am EST Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow...from 7 PM this evening to 1 am EST Wednesday.
* Locations...south central Vermont including Orange...Rutland... Windsor.
* Hazard types...heavy snow.
* Accumulations...6 to 12 inches of snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate...1 to 2 inches per hour...mainly Tuesday morning through early afternoon.
* Timing...light snow will begin Monday evening...then spread northwest during the day Tuesday and become heavier...before ending as snow showers overnight.
* Impacts...heavy snow will cause difficult travel conditions due to snow on roads and reduced visibilities on Tuesday.
* Winds...north 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures...lows 3 to 8 above. Highs 13 to 18.
* Visibilities...as low as one quarter mile at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio...your local media...or go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather situation.