High Wind Watch
Statement as of 3:30 PM EDT op 11 maart 2014
... High wind watch in effect from Wednesday afternoon through
late Wednesday night...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a high wind
watch... which is in effect from Wednesday afternoon through late
* Locations... the mountains and foothills of southwest
Virginia... southeast West Virginia and northwest North Carolina
* hazards... strong gusty... potentially damaging wind.
* Winds... west 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
* Timing... from late Wednesday afternoon into late Wednesday
* Impacts... downed trees and power lines.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest
Nearby Radar Stations