... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight to
10 am EST Thursday...
* locations... along a west of Blue Ridge mountains.
* Hazard types... wind chill readings.
* Wind chill readings... less than 5 degrees below zero.
* Timing... tonight into Thursday morning.
* Impacts... wind chill values of less than 5 degrees below zero
will make it dangerous to be outside.
* Winds... northwest winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... lows tonight from 7 to the teens.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Botetourt Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 12:54 PM EST Feb. 10, 2016 – National Weather Service