...Freezing Rain Advisory remains in effect from 5 am to noon EST Monday...
* locations...mainly the higher elevations of the New River and Roanoke valleys where the temperature will be closer to freezing.
* Hazard types...freezing rain.
* Accumulations...ice accumulations up to one tenth of an inch.
* Timing...early Monday morning through noon.
* Impacts...slick travel conditions during the morning commute... especially on bridges and overpasses.
* Temperatures...in the upper 20s to around 30 degrees...slowly rising to just above freezing by noon.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.