... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 11 PM this evening
to 10 am EST Sunday...
* locations... areas of Virginia... West Virginia... and North
Carolina from the Blue Ridge westward.
* Hazard types... strong gusty winds... and very low wind chills.
* Wind chill readings... 5 to 15 below zero.
* Timing... tonight through Sunday morning.
* Impacts... very low wind chill values may lead to hypothermia
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 50 or 55 mph.
* Temperatures... teens to single digits.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Roanoke Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 2:39 PM EST Feb. 12, 2016 – National Weather Service