Statement as of 5:12 PM GMT op 09 december 2013
The Flood Warning continues for
the Neches River near Neches.
* Until Tuesday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 4:30 PM Monday the stage was 12.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact... at 12.0 feet... expect minor lowland flooding of the heavily
wooded floodplain. Ranchers that may have cattle and equipment in
the river bottoms should move them to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 3205 9551 3167 9524 3166 9537 3180 9544 3188 9548
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:33 PM CST on December 8, 2013
... Four record low Max temperatures set on December 7th...
The coldest day of the autumn was recorded yesterday... December 7th
in southeast Texas. The four first-order climate stations all broke
their record low maximum temperatures for the date. The following
table shows each station with the previous and new record.
Site previous record new record
Cll 40 in 1927 32
iah 45 in 1909 38
hou 46 in 1942 39
gls 49 in 2011 41
Prior to this year... setting record low maximum temperatures in the
month of December has been rare for the first-order sites since
2000. College Station set only 5 other record low maximums... the
city of Houston and Houston hobby set 5... and the city of Galveston
set 1. The last time all four sites recorded a record low maximum on
the same day was February 3, 2011.
Nearby Radar Stations