Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:23 AM EST op 13 december 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday morning through
late Saturday night...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Saturday morning through
late Saturday night.
* Locations... northeast New Jersey... southern Westchester County
and coastal southwest Connecticut.
* Hazard types... snow... mixing with sleet and freezing rain from
late evening into the overnight Saturday night.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches... along
with around a trace of ice.
* Winds... northeast 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s.
* Timing... snow will begin Saturday morning and continue through
the day. The snow could become heavy at times Saturday
evening... and then mix with sleet and freezing rain from late
evening into the overnight Saturday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel on snow covered and icy roads.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Nearby Radar Stations