...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 11 PM MST this evening...
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow remains in effect until 11 PM MST this evening.
* Timing and main impact: light to moderate snow will continue across central and north central Montana through this evening. Snow will diminish across central Montana and along the east slopes of The Rockies this evening. Snow northeast of a Cut Bank to Lewistown line will diminish overnight. Areas of blowing snow will continue in the mountains. Travel will be difficult.
* Additional snow accumulation tonight: 1 to 3 inches over the plains. 3 to 5 inches in the mountains...up to 9 inches are possible in the mountains of Glacier National Park.
* Visibility: less than one half mile at times in heavy and blowing snow.
* Locations affected include: Choteau...Stanford...Browning... Marias Pass...Cut Bank...Great Falls...Kings Hill Pass... Lewistown...Lewistown Divide
* to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must...keep an extra flashlight...food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana...dial 5 1 1.