...High Wind Warning in effect from midnight tonight to midnight MDT Thursday night...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a High Wind Warning...which is in effect from midnight tonight to midnight MDT Thursday night. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing: winds will increase late Wednesday as a strong cold front moves across the Rocky Mountain front. Strong gusty winds will continue through Thursday evening.
* Winds: sustained winds over 35 mph and gusts over 60 mph are expected...especially to favored locations such as Logan Pass.
* Other impacts: travel could become difficult for high profile vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. These high winds could also create hazardous conditions for outdoor recreation.
* Locations affected include: Browning...Marias Pass...Logan Pass
* to see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.