...High Wind Warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to midnight MDT Sunday night...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a High Wind Warning...which is in effect from 6 PM this evening to midnight MDT Sunday night. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing and main impact: gusty southwest winds will increase this evening and will become strong near and after midnight. Winds are expected to diminish Sunday evening. Strong winds could make travel difficult for high-profile vehicles.
* Winds: southwest winds 40 to 50 mph...with gusts to 75 mph.
* Other impacts: poor visibilities in snow and blowing snow are expected in the mountains.
* Locations affected include: Choteau...Browning and Marias Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.