Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:38 AM CST op 13 december 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 7 PM EST /6 PM
CST/ this evening to 7 PM EST /6 PM CST/ Saturday...
* snow will overspread the area from southwest to northeast
tonight. Total accumulations are expected to range from 3 to 6
inches by early Saturday evening. The heaviest amounts are
expected closer to Highway 6 with the lower end amounts across
southwest lower Michigan.
* Additional light accumulations of lake effect snow are
possible Saturday night and Sunday.
* roads will become snow covered... slick and hazardous tonight...
continuing into Saturday. This will make travel across the
* Visibilities will be reduced to less than one quarter mile with
the heavy snow.
* Use caution when shoveling snow as this can be a very
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 1:00 PM EST on December 13, 2013
... NOAA Weather Radio transmitters at LaPorte... South Bend... Fort
Wayne... and Angola returned to service...
The NOAA Weather Radio outage has been fixed and is back to full
Thank you for your patience during this outage.
Nearby Radar Stations