Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:02 PM EDT op 11 maart 2014
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 1 am CDT /2 am EDT/ to
1 PM CDT /2 PM EDT/ Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a Winter Storm
Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 1 am CDT /2 am
EDT/ to 1 PM CDT /2 PM EDT/ Wednesday. The Winter Storm Watch is
no longer in effect.
* Timing... rain is expected to change to snow later tonight after
midnight. Periods of snow will continue into early Wednesday
* Snow rates... 1 to 2 inches per hour at times late tonight into
the pre-dawn hours Wednesday morning.
* Total snow accumulations... 4 to 8 inches with locally higher
amounts by Wednesday mid morning.
* Main impacts... periods of heavy snow... combined with northerly
winds of 20 to 30 mph and gusts to 40 mph tonight through
Wednesday morning will lead to considerable blowing and drifting
snow... with near blizzard conditions at times. Travel will
likely become treacherous due to snow covered roads and
significantly reduced visibility late tonight through Wednesday
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of
snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in
an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Statement as of 11:29 AM CDT op 11 maart 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Kankakee River at Shelby.
* From this afternoon until further notice.
* At 1045 am Tuesday the stage was 8.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by late this afternoon and
continue to rise to near 10.5 feet by Saturday evening.
* Impact... at 10.0 feet... flooding affects County and local roads.
Wildwood Estates and Sumava Resorts begin to experience some
Lat... Lon 4127 8727 4121 8756 4111 8753 4118 8722
Statement as of 11:01 AM CDT op 11 maart 2014
The Flood Advisory continues for
the Iroquois river near Foresman
* until late Friday night.
* At 945 am Tuesday the stage was 15.9 feet.
* Action stage is 15.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 18.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise to near 17.8 feet by Thursday
* Impact... at 18.0 feet... widespread flooding of low lying
Lat... Lon 4094 8727 4086 8749 4077 8746 4085 8723
A winter weather advisory is issued when significant accumulations of snow, sleet, or freezing rain may affect the advisory area.
- Waarschuwing voor overstroming
A flood warning is issued when flooding is occuring or is about to occur.
- Bewaking en aankondiging overstroming
A flood watch is issued when flooding is possible in the watch area.
Nearby Radar Stations