... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 4 PM EST /3 PM CST/
this afternoon to 10 am EST /9 am CST/ Thursday...
The National Weather Service in northern Indiana has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory... which is in effect from 4 PM EST /3 PM
CST/ this afternoon to 10 am EST /9 am CST/ Thursday.
* lake effect snow showers to become more developed by late
afternoon and persist into Thursday morning.
* Heaviest snowfall rates late Tuesday night into Wednesday
afternoon. Snowfall rates of up to 2 inches per hour within the
strongest snowbands with sudden reduction in visibilities to
near zero at times.
* Blowing and minor drifting of snow Tuesday night and Wednesday
* Wind chill temperatures will range from 5 below to 5 above zero
Tuesday night through Thursday morning.
* Multiple day snow accumulations will be highly variable.
Highest amounts in Berrien and Cass counties in Michigan...
northeast LaPorte and northern Saint Joseph counties in Indiana
with 6 to 12 inches expected by late Thursday morning.
* roads will become snow covered and remain slick and hazardous
for a long duration.
* Plan now for difficult and dangerous travel within the advisory
A Winter Weather Advisory for lake effect snow and blowing snow
means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of
falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially
in open areas.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Elkhart Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:46 AM CST Feb. 9, 2016 – National Weather Service