...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday evening for strong winds...low humidity and high fire danger for most of fire weather zone 152 and southern zone 153...
The National Weather Service in Tucson has issued a Fire Weather Watch...which is in effect from Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday evening.
* Affected area...fire weather zone 152 with the exception of the western third of Graham County and the southern third of zone 153. The watch does not include the alpine district.
* Timing...Wednesday from 1 PM MST to 8 PM MST.
* Winds...west 20 to 25 mph with gusts around 35 mph.
* Relative humidity...6 to 12 percent.
* Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly and be difficult to control.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit weather.Gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards tab
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag warnings.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the field of the Fire Weather Watch for portions of Southeast Arizona.